Stigg supports the creation of multiple environments in each account in order to support your existing product development process, for example: Development, Staging, Production, etc.
Every environment is isolated from one another.
To create a new environment, navigate to the Settings > Environment section.
Click on "+ Add".
Enter the following information:
- Environment name
- Description (optional)
- Color which will be used to distinguish different environments from one another
When a new environment is created, a default product for that environment will be automatically created. The product name will be the same name as the account name, for example: if your account name is "Acme", an "Acme" product will automatically be created in every newly created environment.
You can edit the name of the default product, or even remove it altogether and create a new one.
When your client-side (frontend) application is integrated with Stigg it uses the Client API key, which is publicly accessible to anyone.
While the Stigg platform limits access for that API key to a minimum, some sensitive data may still be accessible by a malicious actor (e.g. by guessing customer ID).
To ease the integration process, Stigg doesn't enforce client-side security in newly created environments.
It's highly recommended to prevent any un-authenticated access to data using Client API key, by configuring Stigg to verify the identity of requests that originate from your client-side application.
For more details see:
To edit the details of an environment, click on the dotted menu of the relevant environment and select the "Edit" action.
Save the changes.
You can duplicate the product catalog from an existing environment. This action is useful in the following cases:
- When publishing your integration for the first time, for example: when publishing the integration that was implemented in the Development environment to the Staging environment, and when publishing the changes from the Staging environment to the Production environment
- When implementing a pricing change - a new environment can be created for each code branch with the starting point of the production configuration.
Duplicating an existing environment can be achieved in the following flows:
- During the creation of the new environment - select the environment that you'd like to duplicate the data from.
- Under the Settings > Environment section by clicking on the dotted menu that appears in the row an existing environment and selecting the "Duplicate environment" action.
To delete the details of an environment, click on the dotted menu of the relevant environment and select the "Delete" action.
Enter the environment name in the confirmation dialog and click on "Delete".
Deleting an environment is an irreversible action that will cause the permanent removal of all of its data from Stigg.
Updated 4 days ago