The Stigg platform offers native high throughput usage metering and aggregation capabilities that can be leveraged as the source of truth for measuring customer usage.
Measuring customer usage accurately is critical when implementing usage-based and hybrid pricing models.
Stigg processes changes to customer usage in real-time and allows the following:
- Visibility to customer's current usage
- Access enforcement according to the defining pricing model
- Billing according to reported usage
- Customer notifications about changes to their usage, for example: limit is about to be exceeded
- Notifications to internal stakeholders (i.e. sales and CS reps) about changes to customer usage
- Triggering of additional actions in applications that are integrated with Stigg
Stigg supports metering of usage from the following data sources:
- Calculated usage - usage that has been aggregated and calculated by your application. This type is useful for features, such as: seats.
- Raw events - raw events from your application, which Stigg filters and aggregates aggregate to calculate customer usage. This type is useful for features, such as: monthly active users (MAUs).
The following table summarizes the differences between the two data source types:
|Supports custom dimensions
|Supported aggregation methods
|Near real-time (up to 10 seconds)
|Ability to bill according to reported usage
|Monthly active users (MAU), bandwidth, used storage
Updated 3 months ago