The Stigg platform allows you to leverage reported usage and perform the following actions:
- Provide visibility to customer's current usage
- Enforce access according to the defining pricing model
- Bill customers according to reported usage
- Notify customers about changes to their usage, for example: limit is about to be exceeded
- Notify internal stakeholders (i.e. sales and CS reps) about changes to customer usage
- Trigger additional actions in applications that are integrated with Stigg
In order to take action upon reported usage events, metered features must be defined in order to track usage updates.
To enforce access to features based on reported usage, add the features as entitlements to plans and add-ons and set the relevant. Stigg can also automatically reset reported usage for you, which is useful for example for calculating monthly active users (MAU).
Leverage the Stigg SDKs to enforce access based on the defined entitlement limit and reported usage.
Access enforcement behaves slightly differently depending on the usage data source type:
- Calculated usage - enforcement is immediate
- Raw events - enforcement is near real-time (up to 10 seconds)
To bill customers for usage:
- Integrate Stigg with a billing solution, such as Stripe
- Add the relevant metered features as usage-based charges in plans
Updated 3 months ago